A Soothing Frontend for the Effective Altruism Forum
This is a frontend for the Effective Altruism Forum. It aims to present EA Forum posts in a way which I (Nuño Sempere) personally find soothing. It achieves that that goal at the cost of restricted functionality—like not being able to make or upvote comments and posts.
This forum frontend has a frontpage at forum.nunosempere.com/frontpage. It displays the latest posts in chronological order, and looks like this:
This forum frontend has a page showing the latest comments at forum.nunosempere.com/comments. It displays the latest comments in chronological order, together with their optional parent comment, and looks like this:
Like the EA forum, this frontend has an endpoint for posts at:
https://forum.nunosempere.com/posts/[post id]/[optional post slug]
An example post—chosen to be a link post so that you can see both the article and the comments—looks like this:
This frontend has an rss endpoint at forum.nunosempere.com/feed: it piggybacks off the ea.greaterwrong.com RSS feed, fetching and reprocessing it every five mins.
- Clicking on an article's or on a comment's timestamp directs to their location on the original EA Forum. This is useful, for example, to go to the original forum to leave a comment.
- My personal usecase is just being subscribed via rss (using newsboat), and displaying forum posts which interest me in this new frontend.
- Other EA Forum alternatives known to me are ea.greaterwrong.com and eaforum.issarice.com.
- This frontend takes around half a second to load. The regular EA Forum takes around 5 seconds.
- Due to their low signal/noise ratio, I have excluded the following users from the recent comments page: Arturo Macias. This list of users may grow in the future
- Update 2023/09/29: Added author pages, e.g., here is mine.