Animal Welfare Fund: November 2021 grant recommendations

By kierangreig🔸, Alexandria_Beck, KarolinaSarek, Marcus_A_Davis, mikaela_saccoccio @ 2022-01-18T09:45 (+59)

Introduction

The Animal Welfare Fund made the following grants as part of its 2021 Q4 grant cycle:

The three primary areas we granted to in this round were:

1. Large-scale and neglected animal populations (for instance, farmed fish).
  2. Large-scale and neglected geographies (for instance, work in medium or large Asian countries).
  3. Exploratory work regarding policy and/or alternative proteins (for instance, attempting to secure government funding for research and development of alternative proteins).

Would you like to get funded? Apply for funding.

Grant recipients

See below for a list of grantees' names, grant amounts, and brief grant descriptions:

Grant reports

Peter Wildeford @ 2022-01-19T01:57 (+7)

What does the * mean (seen on the grants to Arba, George Stiffman, and Sociedade Vegetariana Brasileira)?

kierangreig @ 2022-02-02T19:24 (+1)

Hey! Good q :) Apologies for the slower reply- I was OOO for a few weeks. 

So in addition to all those grants being for EA Superstars... I think we may have just made an error in the copy and pasting process between Google Docs and posting here and on the ea funds site. :) 

Specifically the "*" elsewhere (e.g., on Contentful) indicates bolding or italics and we had all these heading parts bolded or italicized (for other grants too) previously. 

I have removed all the * now.

Thanks for asking about it!   

Peter Wildeford @ 2022-02-03T01:45 (+3)

Thanks!

Charles He @ 2022-01-19T02:40 (+1)

I think it means they are EA superstars ✨.